Job Title: Director – Marketing & Communications
Contract type: Contract until 2024 / Full time
- with possibility of extension
Salary : Around £70K depending on experience
Reporting Line: Director General
Start date: ASAP
Japanese governmental organization
The Director – Marketing & Communications is tasked with making the company a respected and recognized attraction within London’s rich cultural landscape. The role encompasses both external and internal marketing communications responsibilities. You will be company’s audience ambassador, identifying and engaging with new and existing audiences to achieve our audience-related KPIs.
· Accountable for creating and executing the marketing & communications strategy to promote the company. Use experience of digital, paid media, PR, events and strategic partnerships to shape activity with external agencies, media owners and brand partners.
· Responsible for implementation of the brand across departments – both digital and in tangible form (e.g. branded goods and printed materials) and managing the relationship with Nippon Design Center in Tokyo to maintain brand standards and integrity.
· Handling the relationship with multiple (and global) key stakeholders, helping to unify the offer and direct it in way that are conducive to achieving KPIs. Japanese language skills and a deep understanding and experience of Japanese cultures are essential for this duty.
· Strengthening the internal relationships across the organisation working with other Senior Managers, ensuring effective communication and working relationships and delivery of KPI results.
· Identify key themes and key areas for audience, content and KPI development. Produce rich content to bring alive and deepen understanding of the offer and visual evidence to document company’s achievement surrounding KPI goals.
· Responsible for developing and applying outcomes of market research to the creative business cycle so that the company has a deeper understanding of the diversity and needs of visitors and non-visitors.
· Managing the Marketing & Communications team consisting of a Digital Content Manager, PR Manager and Marketing Communications Manager in the UK and a Stakeholder Engagement Manager based in Tokyo to develop marketing, PR, content and social media strategies across all relevant platforms to diversify audiences, grow communities and achieve KPIs.
· Managing and developing strong relationships with media, the industry, brands, influencers, and relevant agencies as well as growing the database with new relevant contacts and always acting as a true brand ambassador for the company.
· Manage the budgets and forecasts to ensure that funds are allocated to achieve the highest ROI and to achieve KPI targets.
· Responsible for the company website, management of contact and audience data in the CRM, Marketing Automation applications and applying obligations under GDPR, as appropriate.
· Monitoring output on a regular basis, analyse and provide proactive action plans for areas that need improvement.
· Working within the corporate and local HR management processes and guidance in relation to recruitment, training, retention, performance management etc. and monitoring staff productivity and developing the team.
· Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximise work output and work quality.
· Use analytical skills to plan, evaluate, optimize campaigns and monitor team performance.
· Guide and advise the wider team on matters regarding cultures in Japan.
· Working collaboratively with all internal departments to create consistency of message across campaigns/activities and share ideas/best practice.
· Responsible for standards and flow of information in relation to internal communications.
· As an employee of the company, Under Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 you are responsible for your personal safety and that of all personnel under your authority, including others who may be affected by the Company’s activities. Additionally, you must also co-operate with the Company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
· Responsible for developing communication procedures around crisis management and leading the communication strategy in the event of a crisis.
· A particular feature of the way of working is the project team. All members of staff are expected to collaborate, from time to time, in cross functional teams to deliver specific projects and programmes of activity. The project teams are multi-disciplinary and bring together the skills and experience needed to deliver a wide range of shared initiatives and objectives. Teams may include experts from external companies or suppliers.
· At least seven years’ work experience in marketing and communications.
· An undergraduate degree.
· Japanese language skills equal to Japanese-Language Proficiency Test N2 or above, with the ability to understand and speak Japanese used in everyday situations, and in a variety of circumstances – including conversations, tele-communications, meetings, and presentations.
· Strong, concise and persuasive communications skills.
· Media contacts with whom you already have established working relationships.
· Experience working with and in Japan.
· Proven leadership and management experience in a team setting.
· Experience working with B2B, B2C, cultural sector and government organisations.
· Experience of developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies and integrated campaigns.
· The ability to monitor success through gathering, analysing and reporting, insight.
· Project planning and budgeting skills and experience
Right to Work Status : You are required to have Right to work in the UK
Hours : Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00 with occasional out-of-hours requirement