CIRCA £30,000 per annum
A Japanese global Culture Home are looking for the Executive Officer, who will ensure that the company will function efficiently and effectively by implementing and overseeing administrative processes. This will include the preparation and organisation of information, documentation such as meeting minutes and other records across the company. This will also include providing full administrative assistance, clerical support and diary management to the Projects Board and Project Teams.
§ Responsible for internal meetings organisation. Prepare for and circulate agendas / minutes of key recurring internal meetings.
§ Design, implement and regulate office operational policies and procedures to support the company’s activities.
§ Manage the recording and scheduling of the company’s contractual agreements.
§ Create itineraries and PowerPoint presentations for the Directorate as required.
§ Assist Directorate in responding to queries, phone calls and invitations by taking forward such contacts as appropriate including liaising with Retail, Restaurant, and other internal colleagues.
§ Ad hoc research/assistance with projects for Directorate.
§ Assist the directorate in the processing of expenses and invoices.
§ Ensure guests meeting on site are well taken care of.
§ Act as secretary to the Directorate, ensuring that the agenda and papers for weekly meetings are prepared on time and to a high standard.
§ Co-ordinate, plan and deliver monthly and quarterly whole team briefings / meetings. Sourcing venues for larger group meetings where the company facilities are not available.
§ Organise, monitor, maintain and audit Japan House’s record keeping systems, databases, files, and procedures.
§ Organize the office, maintaining supplies of stationery, furniture, equipment, and welfare supplies. Responsible for maintenance of office equipment, including computers and photocopy machines.
§ Manage Office subscriptions to magazines and online resources.
§ Estimating, recording, and monitoring the office supply budget. Review and approve office supply acquisitions, placing orders, checking deliveries and invoices, as appropriate.
§ Manage the company switchboard answering incoming calls for general enquiries.
§ Follow up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate.
§ Monitor generic inboxes and disseminate/update information as required, answering emails and postal correspondence with the public, stakeholders, and contractors as well as feedback received through several channels.
Health & Safety
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
§ Appropriate tertiary qualification (e.g. diploma in Business Administration, or related business management field) or equivalent
§ Additional training and / or supplementary courses completed in associated administrative, clerical, finance, project management or business areas also advantageous.
▪ Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and other financial practices
▪ High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
▪ Use of other software systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics, beneficial
▪ At least 5 years’ professional experience in an administrative or secretarial role with responsibility for executive-level correspondence, administration, travel and diary management
▪ Exposure to sector (Museum, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction or Heritage Destination) preferred
▪ An understanding of Japanese culture and history would be an advantage.
▪ Some experience of management advantageous
▪ Excellent written and spoken English, proficient to high business language standard is essential.
▪ Japanese language skills, advantageous.
▪ Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
▪ A participative team player with an inclusive approach towards all colleagues
▪ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
▪ Strong organizational and planning skills
▪ Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-moving environment
▪ Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
▪ Able to influence people whilst maintaining tact and cultural sensitivity
▪ Excellent time management skills
▪ A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
▪ Assimilation and understanding of complex and sensitive information.
§ Japanese language written and spoken to native level
§ Excellent written and spoken English
§ Ability to translate effectively between English and Japanese an advantage
§ Able to balance multiple projects and priorities
§ Capable of working alongside leading artists, designers and curators
§ Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
§ A participative team player with an inclusive approach towards all colleagues
§ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
§ Strong organizational and planning skills
§ Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
§ Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
§ Able to influence people whilst maintaining tact and cultural sensitivity
§ Excellent time management skills
§ A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00 with occasional out-of-hours requirement
Eligible to work in the UK without any restriction
About our client
Japanese global culture home