JPY 6.3 millions – JPY 7 millions per annum
A global non profit organization is looking for a Japanese Speaking Fisheries Manager to outreach to the fisheries sector (catchers, fisheries, co-operative associations, government, fisheries research organisations, NGOs and companies) in Japan.
• Promote the fishery certification programme to stakeholders, including those in the fisheries and seafood business sectors, fisheries management agencies, governments, research organizations, environment groups, and other relevant stakeholders in Japan, and potentially, more widely in the Asia Pacific region.
• Conduct outreach and provide support to fisheries in the programme in Japan. This will include working with each fishery from initial discussions through each stage of involvement in the fisheries programme.
• Understand relevant commercial details about targeted fisheries, such as product forms, supply chains, markets, key commercial supporters, and be able to use that understanding to inform priorities and create leverage to move fisheries to either become certified or make improvements.
• Build on existing information and develop a thorough understanding of the flows of fish products into Japanese and overseas markets to develop an understanding of the market dynamics that will ultimately lead to linking fisheries willing to become engaged with them with markets willing to accept labelled products.
• Respond to the fishing sector inquiries, both internal and external.
• Represent them at meetings and conferences where relevant seafood issues are the major item for discussion and where opportunities exist to promote the company and its certification and ecolabelling programme.
• Promote knowledge about seafood sustainability issues as a solution, to the range of external stakeholder groups identified by the company.
• Coordinate and work with their colleagues in support of outreach activities and the promotion of information about them.
• Provide oral and written advice through briefings, submissions and reports to their staff as needed. Provide annual and quarterly reporting against agreed work plans, and additional reporting as may be required for their funders.
• Any other duty as directed by the Line Manager.
Mon – Friday 0900am – 0600pm
Eligible to work in Japan without any restriction
About our client
Global no profit organization