Japanese Food company
Japanese Speaking Marketing/Sales Executive
£28000 - £35000 per annum
9:00 – 18:00
- Execute new business development strategies including initiating and project managing initiatives on behalf of the company, including our headquarters based in the US.
- Seek out new clients and sales opportunities and prepare actions for approaches to secure new business, in conjunction with the manager and senior officials in the UK office.
- Actively manage the current database of clients and prospects, having due regard to data protection (specifically GDPR) requirements and confidentiality obligations.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of marketing and business development activities and liaise where appropriate with the General Manager to facilitate maximum exposure of the company in the appropriate forums.
- Proactively recommend new approaches and marketing strategies.
- Provide company product research activities and prepare business plans and reports.
- Develop sales goals and take necessary actions to monitor and ensure they are achieved.
- Remain up-to-date with industry developments and competitor actions, and recommend to the senior management team any identified necessary actions required.
- Build relationships with new and key suppliers and assist in sourcing manufactured products by playing a key part together with other senior staff in identifying and/or approving the company’s suppliers and products, according to your market research and knowledge of client demands.
- Establish yourself as the main point of contact for our clients, ensuring strong relationships are built and a consistently high standard of client service.
- Deal knowledgeably and efficiently with queries from our clients, suppliers and manufacturers regarding our products and services, including provision of detailed and accurate advice and feedback (by telephone, face to face, email or written report), which may be required in both English and Japanese.
- Hold regular accounts meetings and work closely with senior management to plan, forecast and set sales strategies.
- Conduct suitable market research and prepare reports accordingly for submission to the senior management team regarding the establishment of new business development strategies and, where appropriate, new products to be offered.
- Work with the General Manager and other team members to set budgets and to ensure that they are met in order to maximise income and profitability.
- Represent the sales and marketing team with professionalism and high standards of integrity.
- Have proven experience of developing and implementing commercial strategies across a range of products and align with sales stakeholders to coordinate programs and projects to support sales initiatives.
- Hold regular sales meetings and work closely with senior management to plan, forecast and set sales strategies.
Essential criteria (experience):
- Demonstrable experience as a Sales and Marketing Executive, specifically in building and maintaining sales leads and meeting sales targets.
- Be able to monitor data and key performance indicators to be able to analyze performance and set goals for the sales and marketing team.
- Business level communication in both English and Japanese (both oral and written), attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Be commercially aware with an ability to maximize opportunities.
- IT literate: MS Office programs in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential criteria (education):
- Bachelor’s degree or above, in Marketing or Business studies or related field with strong interest in business development and general sales.
Business level of English and Japanese
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK at the start of employment