Job Title: Accountant (Japanese Speaking)
Job Location: London
Annual Salary: Up to GBP 50,000
Contract Type: Permanent
◆Main Purpose of Job
・The role of the accountant will be responsible for supervising day-to-day accounting transactions and handling the queries/requests from external/internal auditors and support the Accounting Director across a variety of projects.
・Supervise the Comprehensive Transactions in CEE Standalone Accounting
- Settle any problems that accountants face in the course of day to day operation and ensure all accounting
transactions are being handled accurately.
- Responsible for accounting records and report to Accounting Director if necessary.
・Inter Company Management
- Communicate with staff globally (Germany, France, Japan, USA etc.) to deal with the Inter Company transactions
and settle/clear the payments;
- Prepare the royalty reports and submit them to Headquarter/Group Companies on time.
・Taxation Transfer Pricing (TP) Study
- Maintain/Update the TP study documents and chair the meeting with subsidiaries (Germany & France) and external
tax advisor as and when necessary;
- Prepare and submit the APA (Advance Pricing Agreement) adjustment documents to Headquarter on time.
- Prepare the VAT/GST return and submit/pay to tax authority by the deadline.
- Prepare the German VAT data and communicate with CEG staff who submit the VAT return to German tax authority.
- Handle Withholding tax matter and submit CT61 return to HMRC by the deadline.
- Calculate monthly corporation tax.
- Prepare Cash flow statement by currency basis and maintain the proper currency cash position.
- Prepare European Cash flow statement.
- Liaison with Bank to discuss day to day banking matters.
・Monthly/Quarterly/Year end close
- Prepare monthly CS pack to headquarter by due date.
- Keep up with the latest accounting standards (IFRS/FRS102) and comply with them to deal with several accounting
transactions in order to get the clean audit result.
- Deal with several enquiries/requests from internal/external auditors during the Year-end audit in order to get the
clean audit result;
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while
maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Deal with ad-hoc projects when/as necessary.
To perform additional duties where required.
- ACCA/ ACA/ US CPA/ JP CPA or any other equivalent accounting qualification.
- IFRS/FRS102/JP GAAP accounting knowledge;
- Experience of Japanese J-SOX;
- Experience of Transfer Pricing study within a multinational company;
- More than Business level Japanese language both written and verbal;
- Taxation knowledge (Corporation tax/VAT/Withholding tax);
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with SAP;
- Demonstrable experience working in a team leader role providing support to team members.
- Keen attention to detail, able to fully comply with process, regulation and company policy requirements.
- Able to ensure all accounting records are correctly booked.
- Proactive and reliable;
- Able to facilitate and support changing business structure needs;
- To be available for communication with European, US and Japanese colleagues as and when required.
- Self-motivated with a professional work ethic;
- A critical thinker with demonstrable problem-solving skills;
- Detail orientated, organised and passionate about delivering consistently high levels of work.
If you would like to apply or get to know more for this opportunity, please send your full resume in Word format to Yuri.
For a confidential discussion, please call +44 (0)78 8366 3553. Your application will be treated with strict confidential.
JAC Recruitment (UK) Limited
2nd Floor, 64 London Wall
London, EC2M 5TP