Japanese Speaking General Payments Accountant
A foreign bank looks for a General Payments Accountant at its London office.
Salary: up to £40K salary + £4K allowance (Senior Officer or Assistant Manager)
The successful candidate will carry out day-to-day administration of the Expenses payments and other administration tasks. Another responsibility is to assist Head of the General Payments Department to prepare budget to submit and obtain approval from Branch Management and Head Office for each semester.
- To record, administer process and settle all expense, including the funding for the external Bank account, the preparation and authorisation of BACS payment on the Internet Banking System, cheque payments, the preparation of bank transfers in GBP and other currencies, and prompt clearance of outstanding items on the reconciliation report.
- To process claims from staff relating to business trips, entertainment and other expenses in accordance with the Bank’s policy and payment limits set by Head Office and/or the General Manager of the Branch.
- To capture, verify and book correctly all transactions and general ledger entries (journals) in the QuickBooks and the internal accounting system.
- To support Head of Department with regard to budgeting, that includes, but not limited to, preparation, monitoring, control and analysis of budget and actual, and related communication with and reporting to other departments, Branch management and Head Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in accounting/finance department more than 5 years, especially accounts payable is highly desirable (any sector is acceptable)
· Experience in budgeting is preferable
· Experience in any supervisory role is desirable
· Good IT skills with excellent working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
· Experience in QuickBooks accounting software is advantageous