Payments Operations Controller
(Fluent in Japanese and English language essential)
£25,000 to £35,000 per annum or equivalent in JPY
This is a newly created and exciting opportunity to join a leading global organisation providing Fintech payment services. As the Payments Operations Controller you will work very closely with both the Chief Operating Officer and the Managing Director, to help the business overall objectives.
The role will be supporting end-users by assuring smooth payment services, and will be responsible for liaising with clients and the company’s local banks in Japan.
• The role of Payment Operations Controller is a newly created role and has full responsibility for implementing all payment processing procedures, undertaking regular reviews to help improve operational efficiency.
• You will work closely with a client’s payment processor and manage the contractual agreement and working relationship with them, with the overall aim to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payments.
• The successful applicant will be responsible for the management and reconciliation of the cash model.
• Other responsibilities include tracking and monitoring failed payments with a view to resolve, preparation and delivery of payment forecasts, along with working closely with IT and continuous improvement teams.
Who we are looking for
• Previous experience in payments
• Advanced experience working on Excel
• Knowledge of sftp file transfer protocol
• Extensive stakeholder management experience both internally and externally
• Ability to liaise with stakeholders across various time zones
• Ability to manage and deliver on contractual agreements
• Master communicator across various channels
• Strong commercial acumen
For UK office : Eligibility to work in the UK without restriction
For Tokyo Office : Eligibility to work in Japan without restriction