Payment Risk and Fraud Analyst
• Working within the Payments Risk Operations team to perform initial investigations and take immediate corrective actions. This may include communications with cross-function departments, payment providers and third party organisations.
• Analysing transactional data to mitigate fraud and financial losses
• Monitoring player activity and reviewing gameplay for signs of collusion, passing of funds and other
• prohibited acts
• Actively striving to improve the methods and formulas of controlling risks
• Identification of appropriate chargebacks to contest, defending the disputes with 3rd party banking providers and seeing the process through to settlement
• Perform root cause analysis of losses to turn data into actionable information for improvement
• Ensure all the company policies and procedures, including the ISMS are adhered to. In addition to AML
• responsibilities and duties
• Have solid analytical skills and commercial sense. Ability to use financial indicators to defend malicious chargebacks
• Feed the latest trends into a rules-based system to protect against future company losses. Manage payment risks to ensure the company is following compliance and risk management best practices.
• Compare international service suppliers and develop a better service line.
• Take ownership of the development of the international strategy, forecast accuracy at customer level
• Full P&L ownership, improving all international customers, and also deliver a written plan with key strategic markets and targeting retailers
• Personal ownership for entering the key markets in Japan
• Work closely with the Finance Business Partner and marketing teams
• Ensure all the company policies and procedures including the ISMS are adhered to.
• Conduct profound competitor researches in order to identify the areas for improvement
Conduct research with your culture understanding of the market
Skills and knowledge required
• Native Japanese
• The ability to work well and adapt in faced paced environments.
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Is naturally personable and a “people person”, able to quickly and effectively develop business relationships internally and with external organisations and partners.
• Will have a commercial mind-set.
• Can be analytical in thought process and understands ROI and CPA models.
• Has the ability to intake, analyse and condense information to relay to the team
• Has the ability to process and interpret vast amounts of data, both financial and analytical, to aid decision making
• Has an analytical mind with a high level of attention to details
• Has a strong commercial sense, understanding the bigger picture on a business level
• Is proficient in the use of MS Office software: producing accurate and timely reports and excelling at processing data into analysis using MS Excel, PowerPoint and other necessary toolkits
• Is able to act with integrity at all times and appropriately working with confidential data
• Can understand the balance of risk controlling with customer experiences
• Appreciates Anti-Money Laundering principals and regulations
• Is independently minded and capable of managing and prioritising their own workload in a highly pressured environment
• Understands banking/payment products and associated monetary flows
A passion and an interest in online gaming or knowledge of commuter science would be a bonus