Project Finance – Portfolio Management
£45-68K (dependent on experience)
To take principal responsibility for the ongoing monitoring and management of a number of specific loans in the bank’s Project Finance portfolio. Likely task allocation on Day 1 will be at least 10 transactions – therefore, we are looking for a candidate with very solid existing experience.
· This is a relatively standard PF portfolio management/ monitoring role, albeit with a fair bit of credit monitoring etc thrown in;
· The portfolio is mostly focused on power, water and associated infrastructure, concentrated in the Middle East and northern Europe;
· All credit decisions are processed in Tokyo;
· To carry out regular covenant compliance checks for a predetermined set of loan facilities in the portfolio.
· To maintain and update the relevant internal monitoring databases to reflect the results of the periodic covenant monitoring and to carry out any other regular internal reporting that may be required.
· To act as the primary point of contact for external parties in relation to the ongoing management of each loan.
· To manage the internal process of reviewing, processing and responding to any waiver requests in relation to each loan, following consultation with Front Office, Loan Administration and any other appropriate departments.
· To coordinate the bank’s regular Asset Assessment process in relation to the specific loans in the Project Finance portfolio for which monitoring responsibility is allocated.
· To collect and monitor all other available information that pertains to the credit risks applicable to the specific loans in the Project Finance portfolio and to report the relevant data periodically to the internal supervisory departments.
· To assist Front Officers with gathering and checking information required for the bank’s periodic “Know Your Customer” checks and in preparing the associated paperwork.
· To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Department, the General Manager or other appropriate members of the senior management team.
Who we are looking for
· Preferably ACIB/degree qualified with at least 2 years of “Middle Office”, agency and security trustee experience in the Project Finance sector, gained within a recognised bank actively engaged in international Project Finance lending.
· Strong numeracy and familiarity with financial and credit analysis techniques.
The City, London
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions