Food Import Coordinator
£25,000 ～£30,000 per annum
Leading Oriental food company based in North London is seeking for Food Purchasing Assistant
· Check shipping line freight rates monthly, negotiating competitive prices and also verifying correct rates with each container.
· Obtain and check necessary shipping documents from suppliers for forthcoming purchase orders.
· Provide shipping documents to forwarders, no later than 2 weeks before ETA.
· Receive container schedule from forwarders, update SAP and a shared file accordingly.
· Update SAP with accurate shipping details such as quantity loaded and BBD.
· Get the bills of exchange signed by directors and send them back to the bank
· Issue Cost Work Sheet
· Input landed cost and AP invoice into SAP
· Report to buyers if extra charges have occurred, such as rent or exam fee.
· File the paperwork (purchase orders, shipping documents, delivery notes, etc)
· File and save import documents
· Apply rice and flour licence.
· Raise payment request forms for each PO.
· Post samples to suppliers.
· Support buyers for various issues.
· Ad hoc tasks
· Bachelor degree preferred, but not necessary
· Excel, Word, SAP.
· Native or fluent in English, plus Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese is an advantage.
· Experience in shipping lines or forwarding agencies is an advantage.
· Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage
· Work experience in HMRC, Port Health, is an advantage.