Recruitment Consultant/Associate Recruitment Consultant
Established in London in 1975, JAC Recruitment is a premier City based recruitment agency, which has expanded into a global network with offices in major economic centres and an international team of over 1,000 consultants.
We are now looking to hire an English and Japanese bilingual Recruitment Consultant to join our London team. You will be involved with both Business Development and Candidate Management; and have an opportunity to be involved in potential future developments. Ideal candidates will have at least Business Level proficiency in Japanese and have some previous sales experience in any industry.
Reporting to the Team Leader (Line Manager) and Managing Director
If hired, you will be tasked with day-to-day recruitment business development, attracting candidates, and other ad-hoc duties (including new venture development) when required.
• Client account management: building and maintaining business relationships with clients, guiding the recruitment process and after-sales support, negotiating fees/contracts when necessary
• Business development: creating opportunities with new and existing clients, market analysis, contacting and visiting both existing and new clients, marketing of candidate prospects
• Candidate management: sourcing for candidates, holding face-to-face and phone-based initial meetings, developing supportive relationships and close support during the recruitment process, providing pre- and post-interview/offer support
• Administrative duties: maintaining sales lists, updating client and candidate information, updating budget and activity reporting information, creating and publishing external job adverts
• New ventures: based on own initiative, creating and developing ideas for new potential business ventures and directions, discussing ideas with management and implementation
• Other ad-hoc duties if requested by the management
• Experience of corporate sales work (2 years+)
• Understanding of Japanese work culture and language is preferred
• Previous work experience in Japan will be an advantage
• IT literacy (MS Office a must; CRM/database systems an advantage)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
English – fluent (able to confidently speak English in business situations)
Japanese (preferred) – business level (able to understand spoken and written Japanese, roughly JLPT N2 level)
Bachelor’s degree or above (Business/Economics/Finance degrees preferred)
From £20,000 (starting) up to £40,000 per annum, based on experience and performance + generous performance based commission