Vice President – Corporate Banking Credit Analysis & Relationship Management
***None UK residents are accepted to apply for the job.
A global financial institution looks for VP - Corporate Banking Credit Analyst & RM at their London office.
Basic Salary: £60K - £70K
Purpose of Job
- To carry out marketing activities available to Asian Corporate Business Group as Junior RM.
- To provide solutions to Asian Corporates active in EMEA Division.
- To be the first line of defence for the credit risk management of a portfolio of new and existing corporate customers, in line with the banks policy and procedures.
- The role also includes KYC, credit administration and management information reporting.
- To supervise and provides on-the-job training to the other Junior RMs (AVP/Associate level)
- Focus of the role shall comprise the formulation and implementation of individual client plans, in conjunction with Global RM departments in Asian and key product partners across the global network
- Outside of London Office, principal contacts shall include our collaboration partners (all the Global RM departments plus Credit Department, Corporate Research Department, Middle / Back office, etc..
- Junior RM prepares credit applications for submission to Credit Department to include detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of the credit risk of an obligor, including projections, and transaction analysis.
- Junior RM is responsible for the continuous monitoring of an assigned portfolio of corporate credit customers, taking timely actions if there is any deterioration in the banks risk, including working on Special Credits.
- Junior RM also prepares credit memo and regular credit update to credit department for deteriorating credit accounts.
- Junior RM to support Senior RM on the marketing within EMEA region.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Pitching and originating new corporate clients and transactions, including therein oversight of the production of marketing materials and management of the associated compliance review process working with Senior RM.
- Coordination of the preparation / timely submission of credit applications to meet (often tight) client deadlines, being specifically responsible for presentation of the transaction including key terms and conditions, together with the related business case and client exposure strategy.
- Lead the delivery and execution of ancillary strategies with product partners on a client-by-client basis under the guidance of the Senior RM.
- Execution of documentation process through the loan closing in collaboration with the relevant department and actively managing any documentation negotiation with the client.
- Preparation of good quality and succinct credit applications including financial analysis, projections, industry & peer analysis in order to recommend the correct obligor & facility grade.
- Conduct KYC (research, review, compiling for new/existing customers)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent English communication skills; both written and verbal. Other Asian language skills are favourable (e.g. Korean, Mandarin, Cantonise and Japanese).
- Sound credit / analytical skills, preferably with background of working in the corporate credit analysist team in banks.
- Working level knowledge of key corporate finance concepts.
- Good technical knowledge of the bank’s principal products, including a thorough understanding of standard credit documentation, including LMA, ISDA etc.
- The role is based in London but may require business travel with guidance from Senior RM.