• Maintaining the company website and working with our preferred supplier to develop the
website’s functionality and user experience.
• Managing a roadmap of updates and improvements to the current website, gaining approvals and
commissioning third parties where necessary. (This includes looking into things such as multiple languages
and enhanced functionality).
• Using analytics data to manage a system of continuous improvement in UX to achieve KPIs around bounce
rates, time on site etc.
• Managing the build (by a third party) of a new eCommerce element to the website, working with other team
members to ensure all content is ready in time for launch.
• Regularly uploading content from the Content Marketing Manager and Programming and Corporate
Development Teams, ensuring that the content meets brand guidelines.
• Joining content planning meetings to give input on suitable types of content or recent trends.
• Advising other teams or team members on the specifications for content (word count, keywords, image
specs etc.) and, where necessary, editing the content received to ensure it meets requirements.
• Managing the optimisation of digital content, working with our preferred supplier on enhancing SEO.
• Attending event operations meetings to understand additional information to be added to the website or
social media such as changes in opening times etc.
• Monitoring website performance and compiling monthly and quarterly reports. Using reports from
previous years to identify low traffic months and working with other team members to push traffic to the
website during that time.
• Seeking out ways in which the company can have a greater online and virtual presence through
the website effectively developing .
• Liaising with stakeholders on requirements relating to website security and third-party content and
creating related report.s
• Managing content and functionality updates to the Visitor Experience Kiosk App, ensuring a positive
experience of the platform for guests visiting the venue.
• Developing backlinks to the website to increase traffic referral sources and lend the website greater
authority in SEO
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Education & Qualifications
・ Educated to degree level, preferably in a related subject
・ CIM or equivalent qualification in digital marketing
・CMS/HTML, Google Analytics, Photoshop, InDesign (or similar)
・ SEO skills and knowledge essential
・ Core IT skills including familiarity with online tools
・ High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
・ Use of CRM systems
・ At least 3 years’ professional experience of working in website management
・ Experience of managing the build and launch of new websites, in particular those with eCommerce
・ Analysis of website performance and reporting to senior management
・ Exposure to relevant industry sector (Museum, Gallery, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination,
Tourism Development or PR agency) preferred
・ Previous experience in a project-office environment desirable,
・ An understanding of Japanese culture is preferred
・ Experience of working remotely or in a hybrid working environment
・ Excellent interpersonal skills. Easily able to build relationships with suppliers and team members, both remotely
and in person.
・ Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
・ Ability to own projects entirely with insight into the appropriate points to check in with management
・ Ability to generate new ideas and use initiative
・ Ability to learn quickly and be flexible to change.
・ Self-motivated, resourceful, and adept at problem solving.
・ Intuitive; can identify priorities, ask the right questions and anticipate problems before they arise.