(Luxembourg) Japanese Speaking Global Custody Head of Fund Product & Business Development
A leading international custody bank in Luxembourg looks for candidates for the Head of Product and Business Development role.
The Product and Business Development Department is responsible for business development and for building the bridge between Japanese & non-Japanese clients and our local business on any queries related to funds from clients and advisors.
This department takes care of the structuring of new investment funds and the on-boarding/first contacts with counterparties (Investment Advisors, Investors and Promoters, Distributors).
It provides them with value-added service throughout the duration of business relationship (or the life of investment funds) while acting as an intermediary between them and other NBL departments, especially on alternative investment (e.g. private equity funds etc.)
• Manage the department activities and ensure that it operates efficiently, offering a high quality of services and control to external and internal parties
• Manage the team of experienced professionals, ensuring employees work productively and develop professionally
• Provide solutions to Japanese/non-Japanese clients for fund structuring and alternative investment issues
• Provide our clients (Japan and English contacts) with the best quality they can expect – Develop business proactively and gain trust from clients
• Promote fund services to prospects
• Set policies and processes and strive for continuous improvement
• Contribute to the formulation and execution of the Bank’s business strategies
The successful candidate should have:
• Fluency in Japanese (mother tongue required) and English (written and spoken) is mandatory
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Fund Industry, ideally in Japan
• Excellent knowledge in alternative investments, ideally Private Equity funds
• Strong analytical and management skills
• Successful record in building and maintaining client relationship with strong interpersonal skills, communication and sales skills.
• High professional approach in all contacts. Ability to communication on international higher management level
Visa: The successful candidate will be given a work visa sponsorship for Luxembourg