£23,000-£27,000 per annum depending on experience
2 years contract, a possibility to be extended
Hours of work
Working 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday.
• Responsible for direct and telephone sales, visiting and maintaining our major customers, able to negotiate at Managing Director level and empathise with ground floor staff.
• To consult with clients to understand their overall business and specifically their logistics goals, and will then design customized shipping solutions based on those needs. You will have access to a wide array of shipping solutions, access to the multiple rate structures and a higher level of customer engagement and support making your efforts far more rewarding.
• Support and ideas for logistical solutions to freight movement requirement whilst building close working relationships with our customers.
• Develop sales leads through prospecting activities, be able to conduct face-to-face meetings and deliver impactful sales presentations, and be able to close deals while exceeding established quotas.
• Learning the key processes (Flight arrival handling and document distribution) of Import & Export Cargo management.
• Working with new CSP in house IT systems to ensure smooth handling and give quick responsive action,
• Accurate reporting for statistics purpose and accounting, whilst maintaining rates, invoicing and CASS billing processes.
The jobholder may be required, from time to time, to carry out other duties provided, which are within the general level of responsibility of the duties set out above and within the abilities of the jobholder.
• Sales experience in Cargo industry or other fields
• Business Level English Language Proficiency
• Excellent communication skills both written and spoken with good interpersonal skills, adaption quickly to new environments.
• To work efficiently to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel & PowerPoint)
• To understand and follow manuals when required.
• Ability to work as a team structure
• To focus on all aspects of work and to provide flexibility in different rolls.
• To show initiative and look to improve efficiency and quality of service
• Current full driving licence
• Criminal Record Check. (Airside Pass)
• Educated to GCSE standard to a minimum level of ‘B’
• Japanese Language Proficiency (not mandatory but will be advantage)
Training on an OJT basis will be applied.