INTERNATIONAL TRADING HOUSE IN THE CIITY
Title: ASSISTANT MANAGER
Salary: 45-65K GBP
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Assistant Manager role is a managerial position of two employees within the Treasury Department, offering full Back Office support to their Global Commodities and Front Office trading desks in London, Singapore and New York. The role covers the day to day management of the Back Office Natural gas, Power and Emissions desk, which has two staff members.
1. POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Assistant Manager reporting to the Department General Manager via a Manager in the Treasury Department.
2. SCOPE OF JOB
· First point of contact for Natural Gas and other products within the front office, including accounting and other internal and external matters
· Supervise and train other team members
· Liaise with people internally at all levels
· Create, amend and improve Excel based reports
· Review existing procedures with the objective of improving and implementing more efficient working processes
· Assess problems and suggest solutions
· Liaise with internal trading desks and external clients to ensure efficient service and timely dealing of queries
· Supervise daily activities on the Back-Office desk
· Help set targets for the team to ensure maximum proactivity
· Be responsible for double trade checking
· Be responsible for checking and releasing all related payments
· Ensure projects are running to schedule and implemented in a timely manner
· Communicate and brief Manager on a regular basis on important issues or project updates.
3. DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
· Authorised Signature for daily transactions
· Authorised Signature with no upper limit on payments
· Supervisory responsibility for the operation for Natural Gas, Power and Emission trades
· Supervisory responsibility for training and development of other team members in Natural Gas, Power and Emission trades
· Authority to work across departments interacting at a senior level and making decisions in relation to reports and excel work.
4. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/PERSONAL QUALITIES
Strong underlying knowledge of Natural Gas and Power operations – emissions knowledge is beneficial
Excellent knowledge of quantitative analysis for market risk and any other risks relating to commodity transactions
Good knowledge of market regulations such REMIT
Good knowledge of international settlements in various currencies and products
Ability to analyse complex data
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work on own initiative with a high level of ownership and as part of a team
Ability to prioritise and manage own workload under pressure working to daily deadlines
Ability to bring new ideas and improved ways of working to management
Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to recommend solutions
Ability to manage projects and ensure successful outcomes
Competent in training other team members.
Solid Back Office/operational experience
Solid experience within the Natural gas, Power or Emissions markets
Professional knowledge and experience in Natural Gas, Power and Emissions trades
Excellent product knowledge within Natural gas, Power and Emissions markets
Advanced standard of Excel (ideally Macro and VBA) and general IT skills
Prior supervisory/managerial experience
Experienced in training members of staff.